Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Less than a month left...

So I am home in less than a month. I can't believe my year in Ireland is almost over. It is bittersweet to say the least. I am looking forward to going back to Toronto, but I will most definitely miss life here in Ireland. I wish I could take the best of both worlds and combine them.

So I went to Howth two weeks ago with Arianna and Julie. It was a bit misty so we missed the views, but still had a great time nonetheless. There are some really nice houses there and that whole area is very pretty. I will make the effort to go back before I leave so I can enjoy the views as well.

The following Monday, I went to Casino Marino which is something I've been meaning to do for ages. It's pretty interesting and good value for 1.25. You get a guided tour and everything. You have to put on these slippers though so that you don't scuff up the floors.

This Italian guy came and stayed with us for a week. He was lovely. He is in Ireland for three weeks doing an English language course. His English is very basic so there were some communication difficulties. Unfortunately he left, and a new person moved in. He seems nice enough but he looks 40 years old and has sort of taken over the house. So I'm glad to be leaving that house. The new Australian room mate though seems very nice so it's too bad I didn't get to know her better.

Last weekend, we went out to the Odeon for Tara's birthday. Had a good time. They played good chart, dancey music which is what I like.

Last night, they had my leaving do at work. We went out for dinner at this Asian restaurant and enjoyed a nice meal. They got me a lovely silver Newbridge bracelet. We went out for drinks after to the Hairy Lemon. I will be sad to leave them. All of my co-workers are great people and I got along with pretty much all of them. We got some new teachers, so there was a really nice vibe starting to build up a that place. My last day at work is on Friday. Then I am off to Waterford that afternoon. I may try and pop in to work before I leave, but I hate prolonged good byes, so I probably won't. We will see though...

So to all of you who are reading this back in Toronto, I look forward to seeing you... we must make plans to meet up BEFORE the school year starts.. so give me a shout after August 29th...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home